Sunday, May 18, 2008

P.S. I Love You


This is the most anticapating, sweetest, and moving/touching movie I've ever seen my whole life. It was a book comes to movie, by Cecilia Ahern, and although I haven't read the book yet, I can bet that PS: I love You novel is as touching, as moving, as good as the movie, because having to read other Cecilia Ahern's book (Rose McGowan, I think) I knew her writing was a bom.


I think Hilary Swank is a very good actor for Holly's character (because I have a feeling Cecelia's heroine is her kind) and Gerard Butler is also very sexy as Gerry - perfect combination those two. It was a sad thing to watch how they loved each other so much (they got married at 19 & still love each other until she was 30 & he was 35) and in the middle of the story, Gerry died of brand tumor. Hollie was devastated and couldn't move on. But Gerry had made a plan before he even died. He programmed his letter to send to Holly every weekend starting from her 30th birthday and from there, slowly, he guide her to move on with her life, appreciate her surrounding and her love ones. Having to know her too well, he know she will be devastated of his death so among all the letters, he gave her different surprising gifts for her. First was a birthday cake, then he ask her to buy her a very expensive clothes for his next letter to come, only to find out the next letter was asking her to do karoeke of their favorite song, I will Always Love You Till The End, with the expensive clothes because he know the last time she did it, she had broke her nose in attempt to dance on the stage - so he asked her to try again & enjoy herself. Then he had asked her on the next letter to go to the tour agency where he had booked her a holiday trip to Ireland - his hometown. Yes, he was a very sexy Irish man. There, she experienced lots of adventure, met her in-laws, be reminded again the first time they ever met & had their first kiss, and where she met a new man who she falls into.


His letter continues as he pursue her to live her dream - and not stuck with the job she didn't like, a house agent. The sweetest thing was, all the endings from his letters, signed off with P.S. I love You. His last letter, Holly found out was from her own mother. She found out her mom had helped Gerry in posting all the letters he'd written and planned out for her. And all the paid-trip to Ireland.


All I can say about this movie was it was beautiful. I laughed, I cried, I smiled, and in the end, I decided to check out the book later. Hehe...

No comments: