Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sweet 16

I've read quite a lot of books lately and I love all of it. Some of it were Jinx and Pants On Fire, both by Meg Cabot, In The Stars by (I forgot the 2 writers' name..hehe), Sweet 16 by Kate Brian and finally, still reading How To Be Popular by Meg Cabot. (Quite a collection I got of Cabot's book, eh? haha)
One of the books affect me a lot, that is Sweet 16. It was so touching that I cried (yes, really weeping...you can say I'm emotional, I don't care) because it kind of based on my life. Well, part of my life. Especially the character attitude.
It was about a girl named Teagan who was about to turn 16 and was having an enormous sophisticated party for her sweet 16. She was as obnoxious as a spoiled rich kid always does and was mean to everyone, including her dad and stepmom-about-to-be. When one time, on her bday, she fall down teh stairs in a wine cellar and passed out. She woke up only to find out a strange woman taking her to a journey of her past, present and future. This is just like that story of Mr. Scrooge on Christmas night, if you ever see it anyway.
What affect me was the way the woman (who then Teagan find out was her future self) make Teagan realize everything in her life was just so wrong. She didn't appreciate her own good friends, when all the while just wanted to compete with Lindsee to be the most popular girl in school. Shee broke her childhood friend Emily, she made a woman fired because she had spilled water on her Vera Wang dress and find out that the woman was actually Emily's aunt and tHE stories goes on from there. She find out more that her dad who she thought always busy wit hhis work and doesn't love her, was actually really do love her and kind of dissapointed that she had become someone her mom (she died because of cancer) wouldn't want her to be. So when she woke up again, she had a chance to change her future life (which was horrible when she visits it with her future self because no one likes her and no one even bothered to come to her own funeral. O yeah, she died because of too many surgery on her chin...how shallow is that?) and become someone who her mom would be proud of.
And i guess all of this just made me realize, some of my attitude (some only) taht was similar to Teagan should be change...

No comments: